DOGGY DAYCARE RATES & POLICIES
- Full Days are over 4 hours, between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:30 pm.
- Half Days are 4 hours or less, between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Over 4 hours will be considered a full day.
|1 Dog Full Day||1 Dog Half Day||2nd Dog Full Day||2nd Dog Half Day|
Doggy DayCare Hours
Check-in for dog day care begins at 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. We do not offer DayCare services on Saturday or Sundays. Dogs must be picked up by 5:30 pm the same day. A late fee of $10/15 minutes will apply for those who are late, up until 6:00 pm. We will then care for your dog through the night with additional charges accruing.
ALL Dogs need to arrive at The Purple Dog on a collar and leash.
Typical Dog DayCare Activity Schedule
When your dog checks in any belongings they bring are placed into their cubby before they join their day care buddies.
8:00 – 11:00 am Morning Activities: The dog will participate with their friends in ball-fetching, chasing games, wrestling, climbing, tunnel running and many special activities we schedule from time to time.
11:00 – 11:30 am Individual Attention: When we distribute snacks and cookies, each dog has a few special moments alone with a K9 Caregiver.
11:30 – 1:30 pm Nap Time: The lights are out with soft music so the dogs can rest. This is important quiet time as the dogs have had a very active morning and will need time to relax and recharge.
1:30 – 4:00 pm Afternoon Activities: In the afternoon, the dog will experience a slower pace of play, just as much fun but with less vigor!
4:00-4:30 pm Individual Attention: DayCare dogs leaving to go home spend this time relaxing and getting cleaned up.
4:30 – 5:30 pm Pick Up Time: Each dog unwinds and relaxes before their parent arrives to take him/her home.
All Dogs must participate in a temperament evaluation before being enrolled in The Purple Dog DayCare. Temperament testing ensures that your dog is a qualified candidate for a safe, healthy and playful daycare experience.
Our Temperament Test includes:
- Being introduced to the facility inside and out while on a leash
- Allowed to freely investigate and roam around the facility areas with no other dogs present
- Using the notes from your enrollment form, we start getting to know your dog
- One of our K9 Caregivers then spends some one on one time with him/her
- Next our “resident dog”, Bruce, is introduced to your dog
- Slowly, the rest of the play group is introduced
- Your pet’s behavior is monitored both before and after the introductions
This procedure takes approximately 3-4 hours. However, the exact time can vary depending on your dog’s level of sociability. Dogs exhibiting signs of aggression, or are too fearful, will not be allowed in daycare.
Not every dog is suitable for a group play daycare program. Consequently, we offer Day Stay as an alternative. Dogs who are disruptive to a group’s chemistry will be switched to private play at our staff’s discretion. Safety is our #1 Priority!
Please understand that this evaluation is for the protection of all daycare members in our play area. A pet that has passed our evaluation can still be removed from group play if the K9 Caregivers believe the dog has become a danger to others or itself.
Temperament tests are scheduled by appointment and are at NO CHARGE. There is no need for you to stay during this evaluation.
Dog Day Care Health Requirements:
- Must be current on all vaccinations: Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella, Canine influenza
- Must be 12 weeks of age of age with 2 sets of puppy vaccinations
- Must be spayed/neutered
- Must be in generally good health & in clean condition
- Must be free of mats so we can effectively monitor the dogs health during their stay
- Must be free of pests and on a flea and tick prevention program
- Must have signed forms on file
- Dogs arriving with fleas/ticks or needing bathing will be treated/bathed at the owner expense
Alternative to Day Care?
If your dog is not a good candidate for DayCare, or if you decide that Doggy DayCare may not be for your pup, we offer Day Stay too! Comfortable accommodations, individual loving, and exercise with optional perks available. Check out our DAY STAY tab!