Personnel at The Purple Dog consists of a variety of very talented people. It is a place that provides those people an opportunity to bring their personal talents to share with our customers, both furry and human. Being open to new ideas, and the love for what they do, energizes them to continuously be researching and learning new aspects of the industry.
Full Body Dog Relaxation Massage and Reiki:
- Massage Therapy- A relaxation massage has many benefits for our fur friends. Massage helps promote your dogs over all wellbeing. A relaxation massage improves body function such as circulation, lymphatic fluid movement, and digestion, as well as strengthening the immune system and encouraging deeper breathing. Relaxation massage also reduces stress and anxiety allowing for better healing of the mind, body, and soul. We at The Purple Dog have a Certified Canine Massage Therapist on staff who uses a combination of Swedish Massage, Shiatsu Massage, and Aromatherapy to help your pup feel refreshed relaxed and renewed.
- Reiki- Reiki is a Japanese form of energy healing. Reiki can be used to calm the mind, reduce stress and anxiety, ease pain and manage symptoms of illness. It also can help with emotional and spiritual growth. During a Reiki session the practitioner will use their hands as an amplifier of positive energy and then places their hands on or near different locations of a dog’s body to allow the positive energy to flow where it is most needed. The positive energy balances and heals the blocked or slow flowing energy in the body.
- Crystal Healing has been used for thousands of years. All living and non-living things vibrate at a certain frequency. Living things have a complex mixture of vibrations that can easily go out of balance causing disease or illness. By using the correct crystal with the appropriate vibration your energy systems can find the correct rhythm and flow to encourage quicker and more effective healing. Some examples of crystals that are safe to use for you pup are:
- Amethyst – All around healer, great for calming and protection
- Agate – Opens channels of communication, balances energy, assists with sleep, calming, and helps with focus for training
- Blue Calcite – Relaxing energy that soothes the nerves and relieves anxiety, promotes sleep. Great for nervous or high-strung dogs
- Carnelian – Promotes emotional warmth and individuality. Aids is courage, happiness, and harmony. Great for shy or nervous dogs
- Clear Quartz – Known as Master healer – Great for improving communication during training as it amplifies intention
- Dalmatian Jasper – Grounds and helps alleviate fear
- Rose Quartz – Helps pet learn to accept love and companionship. Good for rescue dogs or introducing a new pet or baby to the household
Sodalite – Calms the nervous system – Good to use for travel
Never allow a dog to chew or swallow any crystals
Never leave healing crystals around an unsupervised dog.
NOT ALL CRYSTALS ARE SAFE TO USE FOR YOU PET
Please call if you have any questions about which healing crystal would be best for your pet and the best way to use those crystals.
FROM THE BEGINNING:
Atmosphere at The Purple Dog:
The Purple Dog was founded with the goal of providing a level of service that is a cut above the industry standards.
- A place where the dogs love to come
- A staff that will work as a team to help every dog work toward being the best they can be.
- Calming music during grooming and rest times to reduce anxiety and install trust
- Essential oils diffused in all areas for calming and air purification
Products used at The Purple Dog Facility:
We are very conscious of what your dog is exposed to when playing and staying with us.
- All shampoos and conditioners used in Purple Dog Grooming are natural.
- Keeping the facility, equipment, bedding, and toys clean and sanitized is a complex process utilizing five different cleaners. Four are natural and specifically made for animal hospitals, veterinary clinics, and pet care facilities. We also use industry standard, diluted bleach in specific applications.
FOR SALE AT THE PURPLE DOG:
Retail is not a main focus at The Purple Dog. However, we do have a few items that we have tried and like and may be of interest to our customers to use at home.
- Essential Oils (and diffusers) that are safe and benefit the well-being of dogs
- The grooming products and tools our groomer uses that you can use at home
- Dog Toys that are “Purple Dog Tested”! If they last for our Purple Pack, they’ll last for your playful pup!